Lisa Hirschhorn, MD, MPH,
Professor of Medical Social Sciences and Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Summary of Session Goals
1. Explore the differences between quality improvement and research and where they intersect.
2. Discuss implementation science, improvement science, as well as frameworks and models and how they can bridge the gap between QI and research.
3. Provide an overview of research study and evaluation designs.
4. Review real-life examples of transforming QI projects to research.
1. Understand the differences between quality improvement and research and where they intersect.
2. Develop an understanding of how implementation science, improvement science and frameworks can help bridge the gap between QI and research
3. Learn to begin to structure QI work to include scientific methods to better create generalizable knowledge
A live webcast sponsored by:
AllianceChicago and Clinical Directors Network, Inc. (CDN)
This webcast is funded through a Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award (6043-ACCH)
Thursday, October 5, 2017 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM EDT
This activity is approved for up to 1.5 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP).